Whether you're a business owner or fleet manager, we can help you match your tasks and vocation to find the perfect vehicle to suit your needs. Whether it's a platform bed, stake bed, van body, dump bed — you name it — you can look up the body style you need to see which vehicles fit the bill.
If you have any questions about the process of buying a specialty vehicle, we know the right people who can help you choose the vehicle you need.
In order to fit you perfectly with the exact vehicle to meet your needs our Fleet account executives will ask you a number of questions. These questions are meant more conversationally to make sure that nothing is overlooked so the vehicle you select can meet and exceed your work needs for years to come.
Before you contact a special vehicle manufacturer, start asking yourself the following questions so the manufacturer can help you:
• What set of tasks do you have in mind for the vehicle?
• What kind of body (platform, stake, van, etc.) do you want on the vehicle?
• Do you know what length this specialty body needs to be? Did you have a previous vehicle used for this job? Was its capacity sufficient? Was it too long or too short? How would you improve on it now?
• What is the weight of the specialty body that you’ll be using?
• Can you provide other specifications for your existing specialty body? Who is the manufacturer? What’s the model number?
• Do you need a recommendation for a new, General Motors-approved specialty body supplier?
• What is the maximum payload weight that you’ll be hauling?
• Will you add a rear liftgate, snow plow, or other significant equipment that will affect payload capacity and weight distribution?
• If applicable, do you prefer a Regular Cab, Extended Cab, or Crew Cab chassis?
• Will you choose a gas or diesel engine?
• Do you have a top-heavy application or severe-duty application such as a dump, tanker, refuse packer, or high-capacity crane?
We suggest contacting your local Fleet Account Executive to make sure nothing is missed.
After considering your options, you’ll need to contact a General Motors Business Elite Dealer, who will provide you with quality upfit products that enhance General Motors trucks and vans. Each dealership has a team of expert consultants to help you select the right vehicle for the job and keep your business moving.
To learn more about our Business Elite dealers, click here.
General Motors Fleet has partnered with specialty vehicle manufacturers who provide quality upfit products for all General Motors products.